Saturday, December 10, 2011

Sun Worship

Sitting at my computer, the sun's ray are creeping closer as it sweeps across the southern sky of our North American Winter. Soon, it will obscure the view on the screen. Too much light cast on light and it will wash out what I need to see, illuminate. I will be helpless. Why?

They tell us not to look directly at the sun. They tell us that if we gaze up at the eclipse, we will go blind. No one dare look upon it's royalty, it's deity without suffering the consequences of such blaspheme.

So, then, can we see anything? Or is it like two sources of light, two suns send us into a funky orbit, never quite knowing which way we will be tugged next? Is this why God only wants us to have the One?

But I don't have to worry about it, today. I am warm, with the sun piercing through the window that braces me from the cold of this high winter day. The day has been made mercifully short and will keep me from too many temptations to attempt too much knowledge that might toss me out of this Eden.

1 comment:

EdV said...

I remember the solar eclipse warnings from my childhood and trying to figure out if the people who gave the warnings really knew what they were talking about.

Nice poem by the way.